Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Friday, July 4, 2014

My July Fourth Style!

   
    

Happy July 4th! 

As I get ready to head over to the beach and enjoy some great food and fireworks, let me quickly describe my style. 

Inspiration: My style is always inspired by something. When I think about July 4th I should think about the "historical" aspect, however, if I am honest it is basically, "Happy Fireworks Day". Therefore, my dress and shoes are completely chosen with the sparkle, color and lines of fireworks. 

Bag: Since I live walking distance to the beach I really do not need much, but today I opted for my Vintage CHANEL, just enough to carry my camera, snacks, and some money. 

Accessories: My beach necessities are always a hat, scarf and some sunnies. I have to admit, I don't like to get sunburned so I am almost always lightly covered up. 

Brainy Facts: Since it is a National Holiday with historical meaning, I always find it part of my style to always know "why" and what the holiday is all about. 

Here are some July 4th Facts You should know:

-July 4, 1776, is the day that represents the Declaration of Independence and the birth of the United States of America as an independent nation from Great Britain.

- July 4, 1776 wasn't actually the day Continental Congress decided to declare independence (they did that on July 2, 1776).

-July 4th is also not the day we started the American Revolution either (that had happened back in April 1775).

-It was also not the day Thomas Jefferson wrote the first draft of the Declaration of Independence (that was in June 1776). Or the date on which the Declaration was delivered to Great Britain (that didn't happen until November 1776). Or the date it was signed (that was August 2, 1776).

What is my point? Simply, July 4th is "figuratively" the Birthday of USA. It represents "freedom" but lets be honest its more about barbecuing and watching fireworks.

             "I believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival," he wrote his wife, Abigail. "It ought to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other..."

                          -John Adams 2nd US President


Enjoy!

x

Maya


4 comments: