Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My 2015 Fashion Resolutions


Happy New Year! Can you believe it is already 2015? 
I know it is common for everyone to create a "New Year's Resolution" but for me, it is equally important to create a "Fashion Resolution". Believe it or not, we all pick up boring habits throughout the year and a simple list like this keeps your style fresh, imaginative, and on point.

My Top 5 Fashion Resolutions for 2015 are:

1.) Think Outside the Box:
I know what colors, fabrics, style, and cut, look best on my body type, however, sometimes, such a mind set, inhibits any risk. I find myself gravitating into items that are very similar to each other, and failing to give new ideas a shot. This 2015, I would like to discover new ways to play with body shape, and redefine many aspects of what I consider, beautiful. 

2.) Focus on Accessories:
My new obsession for 2015 is creating and finding amazing accessories. I have quite a large wardrobe collection, but I feel my style can be enhanced with a more eclectic, collection of unique art accessories. The whole idea is to complete an entire "idea", from head to toe, poetry. 

3.) Sustainable Fashion:
If you follow my blog you will know that I am a strong advocate of Sustainable fashion. I put monthly posts regarding this issue "Fashion Heart" and would like to continue this for 2015. I am extremely passionate about creating wearable style that is eco-conscious, and eliminating the misconception of fashion and materialism being somehow intertwined. I hope to not only promote more awareness but to create ways to have style without having a"wasteful" attitude. 

4.) Try Something New:
My style is rather conservative, and proper. It always has been and it probably always will be. However, every year I challenge myself to try a style I never could imagine myself doing. For 2015 it will be to style and wear a black leather jacket. This idea makes me chuckle a bit, but there is something about the edginess of a black motorcycle jacket that always made me think, "very cool, but not for me?" Anyways, I received the most amazing black leather jacket, studded with pearls by Rebecca Minkoff, and I have decided to not be afraid and go for it. Wearing such a "cool" piece calls for some wardrobe tweeking but, I am definitely up for the challenge. 

5.) Find New Life in Old Pieces:
I think we all have those coveted few pieces we love and wear, over and over again. However, I want to make it a priority this year to give love to those pieces shoved to the back of the closet and still stuck with the price labels. It is just a matter of lazy habit, but it is rather wasteful. Some pieces are just easier to wear, I know they look good, and they are easier to style. However, this year I want to make it a priority to challenge myself to find fun ways to style those clothes and wear them out. 
 
xo,
Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment