Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Packing for a Sick Day


I apologize for the lack of posts this week, but I have been sick. I thought I would share with you a rather unusual but favorite tip on how I prepare for those days when you are not feeling so great. 

Packing for a sick day may sound ridiculous, but trust me it will be well worth it when the time comes, and you need it. It will especially be useful to those who live alone and have no one to help you out when you are feeling poorly. I can remember countless times, living in Europe and getting sick on the one day shops were closed, and feeling miserable and cold. When you are sick, you are suffering enough, why not have a pre prepared little kit to make the day less miserable? No more fussing around looking for warm socks, or anything else you may need. 


                                     SICK DAY OUTFIT

It is a pretty common fact that when you are sick you won't look so great. After all, who can care about fashion when your head hurts, your body aches, and the world looks fuzzy. Even the simplest decision gives you a migraine, and coordinating anything is the last thing you care about. However, don't kid yourself, it does effect your mood. Dressing awful, is only added misery on a already miserable situation. Preparing a sick day outfit that you love, will add a tiny glow to a very bad situation. 

Sick Day Outfit:
1. Fuzzy Pajamas
2. Sick Day Kit
3. Fuzzy Eye mask/relaxer, infused with lavender.
4. Fuzzy Slippers
5. hair clip
6. fuzzy socks
7. Fuzzy Hairband 
8. Hair scrunchie

                                    SICK DAY KIT

1. Tissues
2. cough drops
3. Lavender Oil
4. Molton Brown (bubble bath)
5.Pokemon (no real purpose. If you press a button his cheeks light up, and it is a guaranteed laugh)
6. Sexy Hair Dry Shampoo
7. Neutrogena Face Wipes
8. Harrods Rose Hand Lotion
9. Origins Moisturizer
10. Crabtree Rose Body Lotion



I pack all the items in this dust bag, but pillow cases also work well. I then place it somewhere clean, and easy to remember. Believe it or not, it brings a tiny smile every time I reach for the bag and open it. Everything within  the bag is picked especially to give you a bit of comfort. The items are also useful for pamper days of relaxation, or awful days of sadness, rejection or depression. 

xo,
Maya

4 comments:

  1. Aww, this looks really cute! Love it!
    Love
    Pili
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Pili!
      Thanks for your comment, zim glad you enjoyed it.

      xo,
      Maya

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! I am totally going to make myself a sick day bag even though I rarely get sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kiersten!

      Im so glad to hear you liked the idea and will try it out! Let me know how it works out
      xo,
      Maya

      Delete