Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Fall Daily: I Feel Fat


I know I am not fat, but I feel fat. 
Truth be told, my attempt at dieting and eating healthy has been a gigantic fail this month. (Hence, the "Healthy Recipes" or diet updates, have gone non-existent.)
The patterns are always the same in my life, things  get stressful, I get tired, and then I get sloppy. 
Like a room that gets messy, feeling fat is me being lazy and feeling out of control. I eat an entire bag of chips not because I want or need it, but because it is oddly therapeutic. It feels good to crunch your sorrows away, but as we all know, such actions have consequences. Like laundry, that is piled on the floor, one day you will have to deal with it. The longer you wait the more work that piles on. 

To eat or not to eat?
In High School, I found it amusing how my beautiful friends would nibble on their carrots and celery, while other girls envied them for their "perfect physique." 
The truth is, everyone struggles with their body image. Whether you are fat, chubby,or stick thin, we all have our own issues. The importance is therefore not on your body, but your lifestyle. You know what you eat, and you know how you live your life.
 When I am in control and I cook deliciously "healthy" meals, I feel radiant from the inside out. I can feel the positivity multiply and the boost in my energy. I internally know I am treating my life in a loving way, and that makes me feel good. 
When I throw in the towel, and binge on pizza, chips, and donuts, I feel like a hot mess. Don't get me wrong, a happy mess, but quickly followed by a heavy dose of regret and negativity. 

Here's to eating smart, and loving our bodies.

xo,
Maya 

4 comments:

  1. I feel fat too....I'm not fat...but I feel it!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweety ❤
      Thanks for commenting! :)Yes, "feeling fat" is the worst.

      xo,
      Maya

      Delete
  2. Ugh feeling fat is worse than being fat and not feeling fat. It's so hard to bounce back after eating like shit for a while, you just kind of accept it as your life lol. I always feel so much better after eating well though, or maybe doing a few yoga videos on YT! Thanks for sharing, good read!

    Louise walkaboutbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise ❤
      I know so true! I am such an emotional eater, its ridiculous. Thanks for commenting sweety.

      xo,
      Maya

      Delete